After a few attempts to install Wordpress with the Microsoft Web Plateform Installer, I decided to install it manually. Here are the steps:
- Download and install MySQL
- Open MySQL Command Line client tool
- Add a new user:
CREATE USER user IDENTIFIED BY PassW0rd;
- Create a new database:
CREATE DATABASE wordpress;
- Adding rights to the user:
GRANT ALL ON wordpress.* TO user@'localhost';
- Download WordPress
- Extract the archive
- Create a new site in IIS. The site root is where you extracted the archive
- Grant read permission to the root folder and write permission to the folder
wp-content to the anonymous user of the site (by default
You can now access your website and follow the configuration steps.
Do you have a question or a suggestion about this post? Contact me!