Meziantou.Backup is a console application for backing up files from a source to a destination. It supports multiple providers: local file system, OneDrive and SFTP servers. Providers can be used as source or destination. It is therefore possible to copy files from OneDrive to an SFTP. In addition, it is possible to encrypt the contents of the files as well as their name and folder names using
There are many options for setting up the backup:
- Method of comparing files between source and destination
- Error handling method (number of retries, continue on error, etc.)
- Authorized actions on the destination (create, overwrite, delete, keep both)
- Encryption options
For example to copy files from the local file system to OneDrive, you can use the following command line:
Meziantou.Backup.Console.exe backup "d:\Data" "onedrive://backup/"
The full documentation is available here: https://github.com/meziantou/Meziantou.Backup. You can also use
--help you show the documentation:
Meziantou.Backup.Console.exe backup --help
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility, you can send a message to email@example.com.
- Windows binaries: https://github.com/meziantou/Meziantou.Backup/releases/latest
- Source Code: https://github.com/meziantou/Meziantou.Backup